Corduroy Turia Dungarees

Hello all! I've been at uni for just over a week now and lessons commence on Monday. Freshers week has been a lot of fun, but I can't wait to get started on the course! As promised I knocked up some corduroy Turia dungarees before I left as I thought they would be a crucial piece in my autumn/winter wardrobe this year. You can see my floral turia's here and tie dye turia's here.
I did make a couple of changes to the pattern. I made the patch pockets on the hips the normal pockets found on jeans as I just prefer how they look. I also added 2 inches to the top of the back pattern piece as I thought that would help with the issues I've had with the straps being too short previously. I also made the strap pieces 2 inches longer. 
Corduroy is quite a heavy weight fabric, so I decided to sew all of the trouser seams with a 1cm seam allowance instead of 1.5 to make sure that they wouldn't be too tight. I thought the straps would be too bulky if the front and back were both corduroy so I lined them with a floral cotton in my stash. I also decided to line the bib with the same cotton, which gives a much nicer finish.
I thought I was being really clever, cutting the lining pieces smaller than the corduroy so it wouldn't peep out, but I trimmed the seam allowance after it was sewn so that effect was lost. I bought some corduroy top-stitching thread especially for this project but top-stitching was just completely lost in the texture of the corduroy. Looking at the pictures now, the pockets seem really small and out of proportion. These dungarees are not my usual style, and they feel rather masculine to wear, but I like them! They will be really warm and cosy for winter.
Thank you very much for reading and to Edward for taking the pictures! 
Lauren xx