Button up jersey top

The night before my jaw operation I realised that a button up pajama top would be a lot easier to get on and off than the tees I normally use as pajama tops. Luckily I had some of the super soft floral jersey left over in my stash which was perfect for this top.
The top is self drafted, but it's pretty much a rectangle.  As a pajama top it didn't need to be fitted. I was a bit worried about doing buttonholes in the lightweight jersey, so the plan was to stabilize the buttonbands with interfacing. When I looked for interfacing in my stash it was no where to be found so I used calico selvedges instead, which worked fine. The buttonholes actually turned out surprisingly well!
I chose binding for the neckline and turned the hem over twice. The armholes are raw. I sewed the whole thing on my sewing machine because the overlocker was acting up. It's okay, but the finish is so much more professional with an overlocker.
I ended up wearing hospital gowns when in hospital, but this top came in handy when I got home. It was easy to get in and out of without interfering with my jaw. In fact, making it was a good distraction from thinking about my impending op.
Thanks for reading and to Ed for taking pictures!
Lauren xx