Hello all! I finally have a new make to show you. I was intrigued by how good everyone's Named Inari tee dresses looked so I thought I'd try a new silhouette out. And I really really like it.
The fabric made this simple dress a lot more of a 'mare than it should have been. I found this viscose remnant on ebay and the colours and print are stunning but it's shifty as heck and frays every time you look at it.
I added a CB seam to get it out of 1.1m of fabric. Even though I understitched the facing it kept flipping up so I stitched it down in my break.
I have come to the conclusion that without an overlocker, seam allowances need to be 1.5cm or more. There isn't a lot you can do to finish a 1cm seam allowance if you don't hong kong it. I pinked these seam allowances, but I'm not sure how well they are going to hold up!
This is very much a dress that needs wearing with shorts underneath.
It's super super comfy. One of those dresses you don't notice you're wearing. In this dress I went to uni for the day, out for dinner in London, a walk outside Buckingham Palace, a cocktail at the pub and quite a bit of dancing. There's been a little wear and tear on one of the splits but that can easily be patched up.
In other news, I got my braces off on Thursday! Arghh looking at these pics makes me so happy!
Thanks for reading and to MK for taking photos!